Sunday, 12 April 2009

Mayday!

Busy busy busy May is coming up.
2 big shows for me, within 10 days of eachother. Should be interesting :D

Well, I filled the slot at the sucioperro show with the awesome Into Flight, which will be hugely interesting :D Now lets hope I get enough people in on a wednesday to break even. If not, it could be getting expensive...

Also, hugely excited about the other may gig. Maybeshewill and And So I Watch You From Afar. Also may end up being expensive but hopefully Ill break even on this one too. It is a friday and Arcadia Lake and Bk and Dad are awesome and people know about them, so people should come :) Plus the 2 headliners will rock everyones face, so if people know whats good for them, they will be there.

Still, its getting pretty stressfull thinking about it. I dont like having money involved at the best of times, but when its a large ammount, it worries me a lot.
I only ever plan to break even at shows. Basically if 50 people turn up at each, then thats everything covered. If more turn up then there will be a little more for each of the bands.
Theres a little incite into being a promoter. Its not all fun and poster making! :D (as if anyone ever thought it would be).

Speaking of posters:


:D


Jeniferever on Tuesday with Woody :) Should be awesome! Im not really in doubt of having enough people turn up, although you never can tell. But I would think the turn out will be good :)
Sad news: The Queen Charlotte is losing its ability to have live music as of next week due to noise regulations seriously facepalming them. :( Luckily, The Jeni gig is still going ahead, and so is one that Ian of Power up Promotions is putting on on Thursday. But thats it. Bye Bye another good Norwich venue.
Fuck.


I went to a gig at a place called Unit 5 the other week. Its basically a.. unit.. in an industrial bit behind anglia square in Norwich. It was Bring Your Own Booze too. It was pretty amazing :D A superb turnout (I would say.. 70-100 people) and a good night was had by all! A band I cant remember the name of, A Bear, BK and DAD and Hair Traffic Control all played and it was badge only entry. Good times!
Might be a viable gig location in the future, who knows. I would say turn outs could be hugely variable there though. As is anywhere!

Jesus.

So yeah. May May May! Marquee Marquee Marquee. Lots of fun I hope. And not to hard on my bank account I also hope. Its lame that that is the thing Im thinking about right now. I want to be hugely excited (I am) but Im filled with nerves. A month today. Lets get the placed RAMMMED!

Jeniferever, Caesura, Codes In the Clouds, Maths. Tuesday the 14th April. The Queen Charlotte, Norwich. Be there or be LAME.

x

No comments: