Thursday, 12 March 2009

Crushed by the weight of enourmous bullshit.

Basically, Im not having a good week. Ive had a bizzare cold since friday which while not being completely debiliating with coughs and sneezes, leaves me feeling pretty awful all the time. Which isnt fun. Also, just to moan self-centeredly for a second, my musical efforts dont seem to be going anywhere and I think I might just have a break from doing anything Ndx related for a while.
I also have an job interview coming up, basically because Im 22 and need to grow up. Massive lolz. :(

I've just been feeling pretty worthless this week. Hopefully this feeling will pass.

In non-screaming ground related gig news, Ive found out about this thing happening in Norwich around the start of July called Hot City Sounds. I believe its being organized by Kingsley Harris, who was/is the NR1 records dude.
I guess its exciting. I mean, its full of bands that I dont like or havent heard of, so it must be good, right?...
Buried In Pompeii and BK and DAD are playing shows for it so it cant be all bad. I'd go along and see them if I were you. Im probably selling it short.. My boy My girl are playing. So are Fever Fever. Sadly not all at one gig but 4 different ones, which are all padded out with stuff which is apparently popular, so I would guess you will see a lot of 14-18 year olds wearing crotch destroying jeans and thier grandads cardigans.
Hah, I sound so bitter. Im not. It's a good thing for the city and at least there is some diversity in the line ups. Good work Kingsley, hope it all goes well.

In other news. The May 22nd line up has changed. It will now be Maybeshewill, (The amazing) And So I Watch You From Afar, BK and DAD and Arcadia Lake. (Ndx is dropped from the line up, because I dont want to promote a 5 band line up which will have to start early, basically.) But to be honest, I would love to get the Marquee packed out with people for this show! Not only to have the 2 amazing local bands play to loads and loads of people, but imagine what will happen when ASIWYFA and Maybeshewill kick off thier sets to a full room. Fucking Chaos! :D of the best kind! If I can get the place full, that will seriously be amazing. By which I need everyone to come. Thats right. EVERYONE. I want the marquee to be the fullest I have ever seen it. All 4 bands deserve it.

Anyways. Tomorrow its Bambi get over it, portman, fever x2 and Fullwater. So it should be awesome :) Im looking forward to it anyway.

"You're not scared, but you've still got your eyes closed." :'Adava Kadavra' by The Age Of Rockets

x

No comments: